Sleigh Bells - Bitter Rivals

Picture of Sleigh Bells

Several years ago when Sleigh Bells released their 1st album Treats, it was, well… a welcome treat. It was fun, interesting, very novel, and therefore made for a well-received and highly buzzworthy release.  As time has passed and they have released 2 more albums, they have remained true to their novel sound, but unfortunately they have lost something…. And just gotten more annoying.

I would say that the novelty has simply worn off, but I still like the 1st album (maybe not as much as when it was fresh, but I still really like it), so I guess the new albums have just gotten progressively crappier. I think they have just been trying too hard to crank out albums in an effort to remain relevant and not fade into obscurity. Unfortunately that has backfired.

Reign of Terror, their sophomore release, is pretty good. Enjoyable. Some good tracks that flow well. And…Not crazy noisy and annoying…

…which is more that I can say for the newest album, Biter Rivals, which is very busy and quite annoying. I fucking HATE the opening title-track. Total trash.  One second thought (and 2nd listen) this whole album is TRASH! I even hate the album-art! (and I really like the album-art from the 1st two…). What happened here?!

In Summary

I Love:
Treats
Treats

I Like:
Reign of Terror
Reign of Terror

I Hate:
Bitter Rivals

No comments: