Radical Face - The Family Tree: The Branches

I have previously discussed The Family Tree: The Roots, the fantastic 1st album of 3 in the Family Tree project from Radical Face, a band who I discovered at Sasquatch 2013.

The second installment of this project, The Family Tree: The Branches is another great album, continuing the theme of fictional tales of the Northcote family-history. This album is not nearly as depressing as The Roots, which is a nice reprieve. It still maintains an eerie vibe, but it is not as creepy as the 1st album, which is a shame because I liked the absurdly eerie vibe of the 1st album.

The elegant album art is a continual nice touch, giving this series a unifying classic feeling. Overall, this is turning out to be a stellar concept-trilogy. Keep up the good work Ben Cooper.

Check out Southern Snow.

    or The Gilded Hand


I love these lyrics from Reminders:
I wish I had more nice things to say,
But I was raised not to lie,
I'm either honest, or I'm an optimist,
But never both at the same time.

No comments: