Paul McCartney - New

Macca’s new album conveniently titled “NEW” is pretty enjoyable and worth a listen.

Rolling Stone had this to say about it, when they featured it as #4 on their top 2013 albums.
“McCartney plays to his strengths: Wings-like glam rock, Little Richard howls and, yep, some remarkably Beatlesque pop tunes and George Martin-ish arrangements…”

I’d agree with all that. It’s pretty good. It does have some whimsical and silly (sometimes stupid-laughable) lyrics in typical McCartney fashion.

 In Rolling Stone’s full review of the album they said this:
“But the head turner is 'Early Days,' a wistful, mostly acoustic memoir-reverie echoing George Harrison's 'All Those Years Ago,' albeit with some genteel bitchiness, presumably about Paul's Fab Four past."
Nailed it! I couldn't have said it better myself. Typical Macca; whining about everything and taking credit for everything. Paul may be one of the greatest songwriters, from one of the greatest bands of all time, but he is also the biggest little-bitch about it.

Early Days lyrics:
"Everybody seems to have their own opinions,
Of who did this and who did that,
but as for me, I don't see how they can remember,
When they weren't where it was at.”

Anyway....

I like the album art. 

and he still puts on a damn good concert (See my post about his 2013 Seattle Concert).

No comments: