Sasquatch 2012

Update (2-8-12):  The Pre-Sale password  is  "electronic"

Buy tickets here



Update (2-7-12) - New Additions: Santigold, Of Monsters & Men, Graffiti6, Anthony Jeselnik

The Sasquatch Lineup has just been released.


The festival will be held on Friday, May 25th to Monday, May 28th.
Tickets [4-day passes + camping] on-sale: Saturday, February 11th at 10am

Price: approx $315 for 4-day passes. (YIKES!!!!)

The line-up isn’t amazing or terrible, just kind of ehh.  There is a lot of initial negativity pouring out from festival-goers, probably because they are depressed that Coachella is sold out without them. I’m somewhat in that boat.  

Being previously on the East coast I have not paid too much attention to the lineup as I knew it was out of reach, but looking back at past line-ups, this year does seem to be missing the big guns. Had this been my festival stomping grounds, and my yearly escape-from-reality destination, this lineup probably would have been depressing.

For me it will be a whole new festival to experience, so I guess I’m not as let-down as others who have been going for years. It is still a music festival, with quite a few bands I could fill up a 4 day weekend with.  I haven’t made up my mind about going yet, but initial feelings point to no, based on the price versus lineup factor. Update: I am now pretty sure I am going, I am now going! So if you are in the PNW and are going, let me know! What changed my mind you ask? Well I don't know who I was kidding, thinking that I just sit home while a festival is going on this close by! And some good friends are going (which makes it all the more exciting) and ....who can turn down a festival?

The Artists. Bold are the ones I am currently interested in seeing. I have to do a bit or research to add to my ‘to see’ list. If you have any recommendations on who to see please feel free to give them!


Jack White, Beck, Bon Iver, Pretty Lights, Tenacious D, The Shins, Beirut, Girl Talk, The Roots, The Head & The Heart, Portlandia, Feist, Silversun Pickups, Metric, Explosions In The Sky, The Joy Formidable, Mogwai, Nero (DJ), M. Ward, John Reilly & Friends, Childish Gambino, St. Vincent, The Civil Wars, Jamey Johnson, Little Dragon, Tune-Yards, Wild Flag, Blind Pilot, Wolfgang Gartner, Beats Antique, Apparat, The Walkmen, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Mark Lanegan Band, Spiritualized, Blitzen Trapper, The Cave Singers, Shabazz Palaces, Fun., Grouplove, Tycho, Sbtrkt, Strfkr, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Deer Tick, Imelda May, Alabama Shakes, Dum Dum Girls, The Helio Sequence, Kurt Vile, Cloud Cult, We Are Augustines, Ben Howard, Here We Go Magic, Zola Jesus, The War On Drugs, Shearwater, Cass McCombs, Active Child, Trampled By Turtles, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Araabmuzik, Star Slinger, L.A. Riots, Com Truise, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, I Break Horses, Walk The Moon, Dry The River, Allen Stone, Pickwick, Hey Marseilles, Gary Clark Jr., Purity Ring, Electric Guest, Yellow Ostrich, Nobody Beats The Drum, Coeur De Pirate, Lord Huron, Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside, Beat Connection, The Sheepdogs, Hey Rosetta!, Said The Whale, Howlin Rain, Gardens & Villa, Felix Cartal, Craft Spells, Vintage Trouble, Poor Moon, Black Whales, Gold Leaves, Greylag, Awesome Tapes From AfricaThee Satisfaction, Dyme Def, Fresh Espresso, The Physics, Sol, Metal Chocolates, Grynch, Spac3man, Don’t Talk To The Cops, Scribes, Fatal Lucciauno, Fly Moon Royalty, Katie Kate

Comedy: Nick Kroll, John Mulaney, Todd Barry, Beardyman, Rob Delaney, Pete Holmes, Howard Kremer, and more!


Here is the Lineup Announcement Video



and here is a CLASSIC Sasquatch video to hold you over until May!

No comments: