10 years ago - the birth of Funeral


Arcade Fire's stellar debut album, Funeral, turned 10 years old on September 14, 2014.

So I just wanted to say happy birthday to a fucking incredible album. An album which basically turned me on to indie rock.  It is more responsible for my interest in indie rock than just about any album I can think of. An album that is deeply ingrained into my psyche and vital to my well-being.

I was lucky enough to have downloaded this album from a college friend, just after Pitchfork picked it up, and launched Arcade Fire into well-deserved stardom. 10 years later, I was privileged enough to attend their show on the Reflektor tour and thoroughly enjoyed the many sing-alongs that made the setlist from this masterpiece. (more on that show later).

If you haven't listened to this album in while, I recommend you do yourself a favor and give it a spin.

Scrobbling Data:
According to Last.fm I have scrobbled this album 272 times, (as of this post). My feeling is that number is a gross underestimate of how much I have listened to this album.  

No comments: