Blue Sky Black Death - Glaciers


While at Hilliard’s Brewery one night I was intrigued by the music that the barkeep was playing, so I inquired.  He was playing an album, Glaciers, from the Seattle-based duo Blue Sky Black Death. I have come to love this album, and it has found its way into heavy rotation lately. I highly recommend it. 

It is hard to describe, but I would say it is ambient…electronic-y… instrumental-ly, goodness. I would say they share some musical elements with Disclosure (electronic, repetitive, catchy, etc), so if you like them, then Blue Sky Black Death may interest you. One of the tracks features the interesting collaboration of Lotte Kestner, (also based in Seattle) who I saw at the TimBRRR! Music Festival

Their top Last.fm genre tags are: instrumental hip-hop, abstract hip-hop, electronic ..etc.  But whatever it is, I like it! It is good background music if you are working on something that you need to focus on, but want some musical motivation. 

[Their Wikipedia page for further info.]

No comments: