Sasquatch 2014 Line-up 2x!

Sasquatch has released its line-up for BOTH of its 2014 festival weekends. Yes, that is correct, they split the festival into 2 weekends this year.

Weekend #1 :  Memorial Day Weekend,  May 23rd - 25th
Weekend #2 :  Fourth of July Weekend,   July 4th -6th

Clearer and MUCH larger versions of the Posters are below. 

The split has apparently pissed off everyone under the sun. Everyone has been complaining about the potential of diluting a great weekend into 2 mediocre (and 1 day shorter) weekends, and charging just as much (if not more). Yes they are a bunch of money-grubbin whores. And yes they are riding-out a cash cow.  But everyone still gets an awesome a festival weekend (or 2, if you so choose). Also it will likely be less crowded, since the festival has been getting very overcrowded recently. And lets face it, 4 days was a bit too much anyway: physically, mentally, emotionally, & spiritually. [you can almost hear my age here. but its true. 3 days is long enough for a music festival.]

Personally, I hated the split because it made buying pre-sale tickets a major gamble. The only good option was to buy BOTH, with the hopes of selling off 1 weekend's tickets if need be. I opted for buying none, not knowing what the future would hold, and knowing what my wallet currently holds (moths).


My picks 

Weekend 1
Returning good bands : Outkast
Mid-listers I would love to see: First Aid Kit, Tune-Yards, Panda Bear, Washed Out,
Bottom-listers: La Luz, Radiation City, The Lonely Forest,

Weekend 2
Returning good bands : Neutral Milk, Soundgarden
Mid-listers I would love to see: Broken Bells, Tegan and Sara, Local Natives, La Roux, Deltron 3030, Foxygen, Mac Demarco,
Bottom-listers: Chad Vangaalen, Kithkin


Anyway here are the line-ups. Both weekends are pretty solid. I think I'm leaning towards July though....? I'm looking forward to the HEAT!

Warning: the line-up posters are HUGE!!!





I would love to mix 'n match the line-ups into one really great festival, but oh well. I guarantee a great weekend no matter which weekend you choose.

No comments: