Foxygen - We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic

Foxygen - We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic

I think we can all agree... that this band's name is fantastic. So good, in fact, that they don't even have to make good music to make it big. It's the best band name I have heard in a loong time.

But extra bonus: the music is good! A throwback to 60's-style, simplistic, chill, psychedelic rock. And they emulate it very well.

I often find myself grasping to figure out what other bands a new band sounds like (and not being able to put my finger on it), but not this one! I know exactly what it is that they sound like. The lead singer is a young Mick Jagger fronting an exact replica of what a modern day Velvet Underground would sound like.  When the lead singer is not sounding exactly like a young Mick Jagger, he is sounding like a young Lou Reed !   It uncanny. Maybe Lou Reed and Mick Jagger had a son together, and he started this band....?

Their sound is spot on Velvet Underground. It is like the lost tapes of the Velvet Underground. I love it.

No comments: