Show Review - Yeasayer @ 9:30 Club





This much anticipated Yeasayer show certainly lived up to my expectations. From the Setlist, you can see they concentrated highly on tracks from Odd Blood, as it is the Odd Blood Tour, but managed to squeeze in the bare essentials from All Hour Cymbals ( Wait for the Summer, 2080, & Sunrise). I was quite thrilled to hear Tightrope, a fantastic single that should not be overlooked, which can be found on the charity album, Dark Was the Night.

The show was a complete dance off as Yeasayer has evolved into a very danceable band, which is fine, as that is what the masses want at live shows. We unfortunately missed the opening band, Javelin, so I cannot comment on that performance, but Yeasayer is about all the excitement I can take in one night. Yeasayer was spot on, and nailed down every track, despite my fears that some of their obscure, fancy sounds would be difficult to replicate live. Fantastic show.

Photo Courtesy of “Bad” Blake

No comments: